5. Make sure that your shoes fit properly. Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest, and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
6. Select and wear the right shoe for each sport or activity that you are engaged in (e.g., running shoes for running.)
7. Alternate shoes - don't wear the same pair of shoes every day.
8. Avoid walking barefooted. Your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. Always use sunblock on your feet when at the beach or when wearing sandals.
9. Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments. Self-treatment may turn in a minor problem into a major one.
10. If you are a diabetic, please contact our office and schedule a check-up at least once per year.